Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

My First Time in Tokyo DisneySea

Disneyland for kids might be their heaven. Cute real man size Disney characters that they can take pictures with, decorations that might be very pleasing to kids' eyes, or the rides that kids would enjoy. But to many grown-ups (especially grown-ups without kids), Disneyland anywhere in the world might be too boring for some. To me, visiting Disneyland once is more than enough. It's actually quite the same between one Disneyland to another, at least the ones in LA, Hong Kong, and Tokyo (the ones I've been to). Hence, my trip to Tokyo Disneyland early this year was quite boring.

The pricy entrance tickets, the outrageously long line-ups (some took about 3 hours), the same old rides that grown-ups like me might find quite boring, or the expensive food restaurants and stalls inside the theme park might add up to my negative perception towards Disneyland. Well, I'm sure one day when I have kids I wouldn't mind to go there again. But, before I have kids, I have sworn that I wouldn't wanna enter Disneyland again (unless there's a really really good reason for that :)). Note: I'm sure Disney fans (I'm not a big fan) might disagree with me now :).

On the other hand, Tokyo DisneySea absolutely blew me away. Probably since it's my first time and there's no DisneySea in Singapore or Hong Kong which are the two countries closer to home that have Disneyland. It's absolutely different from Disneyland. It has more grown-up feels to it. It's more mature in a sense. In other words, well, it's not everywhere like Disneyland. So if you happen to be in a town where DisneySea exists and you've never been to one before, then you should go!

My first time visiting DisneySea is when I was in Tokyo Japan early this year (2013). It's a pretty good first time although the line-ups are still very llooooonnnnngggggg............

Eventhough you spend almost your whole day in a DisneyLand or DisneySea theme park, you still can only ride probably 3-4 rides. Let me remind you again, the line-ups are crazy!!!! Sure, you can use a FastTrack, but it can only help a little since not all rides have fast track and you can only take another FastTrack ticket after like one hour after your previous FastTrack ticket.

So What about Tokyo DisneySea that makes it special?
Well, the rides are probably not like usual rides that you can find somewhere else and it has a variety of underwater world themes that you can enjoy. In my opinion, everyone should visit DisneySea at least once or twice in their entire life. I would want to visit DisneySea again :)......

No comments: