Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Hotel Review: Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort, Bali, Indonesia

Hotel Review: Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort, Bali, Indonesia

May I just say the first word that came out of my mouth when I entered the lobby and to the reception area? "WOW"...... I loved the ambiance and the design of the common areas in this hotel. It feels so elegant and luxurious. I also like the fact that Sofitel is a French themed hotel since all hotel staffs always greet us with a "bonjour" instead of "good morning/afternoon/night".

Value For Money: 10/10
For an upscale hotel like Sofitel, the money is well spent since we all get the perfect ambiance, awesome feelings, complete resort facilities, and great hotel room and bathroom.

Price: $$$$$
Like any other upscale hotel in Nusa Dua Bali, the hotel room costs us more than IDR 2 million.

Location: 10/10
It is located in Nusa Dua BTDC (Bali Tourism Development Centre). It's away from the bustling and over crowded Kuta or Legian area of Bali. It's the upscale and more luxurious and quite part of Bali. If you want a quieter time in Bali and got some more money saved in your bank account to afford any hotel in this area, Sofitel is definitely a must try. Sofitel is also located straight by the beach which means you can get to the beach directly from your hotel. It's also very well located and is very accessible from Tanjung Benoa, Uluwatu, Pecatu, or even Jimbaran.

Breakfast: 10/10
The breakfast restaurant is awesome. It's very big with many different chambers of different kind of foods. I think from my two morning breakfasts here, I saw at least Indonesian, Indian, Japanese, English, and French cuisines. The quality of the breakfast is also awesome.

Room Quality: 9/10
Our rooms were on the first floor which gives us direct access into the swimming pool from our balcony. It means we could go directly swimming in the pool right from our hotel room and the come back to our hotel room by swimming back, it's one of the greatest experience or feeling. The room size is also quite great with the awesome quality of beds. However, the bathroom was almost perfect for me except the fact that the water could get out of the shower area into the bedroom area which we withheld with some stacks of towels on the floor.

Staffs: 10/10
Staffs are very courteous, helpful, friendly, informative, respectful, and love to smile. At some point, in my mind I was thinking that they must be given some sort of great training everyday to act and serve that well.

Facilities: 10/10
Like any upscale resport, it has huge and well designed swimming pool, direct access to the beach, great lobby, great hotel room, etc. However, I need to mention that they have absolutely great lounge that feels a lot like a library to me. I was so ecstatic about it since I wanted to spend some of my times there reading great books that they have.

Would I recommend you to stay at this hotel?
Yes, ABSOLUTELY..... Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort is one of the hotels you should save money for :)

For my pictures of Sofitel Nusa Dua Beach Resort, find it here:
http://ferrystraveladventures.blogspot.com/2014/08/photos-of-sofitel-nusa-dua-beach-resort.html

My Overall Rating on This Hotel:
9.8 / 10

For my other reviews on hotels and villas in Bali, click below:

No comments: