Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport: The Best-Designed Airport I Have Ever Been to


I have been to so many airports in the world but nothing beats the amazing architectural design of the Terminal 3 of Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport. 


My best friend told me that whenever I am in Shenzhen I should definitely make a visit to the airport. Luckily during my last trip to China, I happened to arrive in Shenzhen and eye witnessed the great design of the airport. 



The architecture is definitely stunning and I could spend hours here just to observe and take pictures of the many amazing parts of this airport. Unfortunately, I only had less than an hour in this airport. And I could tell you for sure that one hour was very well spent. It satisfied my engineering eyes and my cravings for architecturally pleasing building....


The architects looked at the shapes of various living creatures when planning the layout of the airport. "The concept of the plan for Terminal 3 of Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport evokes the image of a manta ray, a fish that breathes and changes its own shape, undergoes variations, and turns into a bird to celebrate the emotion and fantasy of a flight." said the architects.


The thousands of hexagonal skylights bring natural light into the new terminal designed by Italian architects Massimiliano and Doriana Fuksas.....


This airport is for sure important for the future of Shenzhen as a booming business and tourist destination.....


Shenzhen Bao'an International Airport, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China.....

No comments: